:: ABOUT US :: Mission and goals
Mission of the Society for Psychological Assistance is to help alleviate the suffering of traumatic stress survivors and to provide psychological and psychosocial assistance to individuals, families, groups and communities in distress.
Goals of the Society are:
- To provide direct psychosocial assistance to survivors of traumatic stress, with special focus on underserved populations;
- To provide psychological support, counseling and therapy services to individuals and families in distress, grief and crisis;
- To train professional and non-professional mental health care-providers, and to serve as a field training center for university graduate students;
- To develop clinical and community-based needs assessment techniques, protocols and instruments;
- To develop program monitoring methods and impact evaluation indicators;
- To provide professional support and consultation to organizations and individuals;
- To publish books, manuals, research articles for professionals and brochures and leaflets for the community at large;
- To help increase community awareness and understanding of stress, trauma and recovery.